My Photo
Name:
Location: Grandview, Washington

Sunday, August 10, 2008

i'm lovin' facebook

so, the other day, i got a friend request for facebook. well, i had no idea i even had a facebook account. i guess abe thought i should have one and he had created one for me. i already had accumulated a few friends- unbeknownst to me. so when i confirmed this friend, i discovered we had a few friends in common... and i had friends in common with their friends... etc, etc, etc. i began hunting for long lost friends: friends from school, past churches, the teen mania internship, christian house, cousins. i just kept finding people that i never thought i'd hear from again- and now i could see pictures of them and their families. it is great to strengthen connections again. i even located a friend from youth group when i was in middle school. she was able to come visit me at my home- it was so great to be able to touch base again. another thought i had was that, as a stay at home mom, i don't get to experience friendship with many people outside of my small circle. but, with facebook, relationships that i cultivated years before are bearing fruit and i feel the love without ever leaving my house :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been dabbling a little on facebook. got a friend request from someone from high school. not really a friend, but i knew she needed Jesus then and probably still needed him now. So its been fun writing back and forth. although i don't necessarily want to go back to high school.

8/10/2008 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use facebook to keep in contact with old friends too. but I mainly use it as a mass communicator. Such as I can post that I'm having a baby and reach all my friends at once instead of having to call everyone individually.

8/11/2008 08:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home