My Photo
Name:
Location: Grandview, Washington

Monday, September 25, 2006

real life and real joy

i recently attended a women's conference and returned with some ideas to share. the theme of the weekend was "real life, real joy." the featured speaker was mary southerland and she shared a lot about the storms in life and joy in the midst of them.

one quote that i really liked was "every experience in life is a tutor for contentment." i feel that a princess should be able to say with the apostle paul "for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength"(phil 4:12,13). not every princess has a maid and a cook and a chauffeur...but we should still have joy.

joy was defined as "the deeply-rooted confidence that God is in control." and i believe that this is true. God is with us through every storm. another quotei liked was "don't talk to God about your storms- talk to your storms about your God." that just gets me excited when i remember how awesome my God is- there is nothing that surprises Him or is too difficult for Him to handle single-handedly.

the bottom line: walk with your head held high knowing that the King is always taking care of his daughters, his princesses. jeremiah 29:11 says "for I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." there should not even be a hint of worry or fear in our lives- God has everything under control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home